Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Glazed guitar cookies or how I learnt to stop worrying and love glazing

>> Monday, December 7, 2009

galletas glaseadas
I'm not including any recipe in this post, in fact I just wanted to share the cookies' photos. I had been wanting to try my hand at glazing cookies already for a long time, but I chickened out every time the thought crossed my mind. But finally a few days ago I found the strength to tackle this challenge. I decided to make glazed guitar cookies for my eldest's birthday. He's learning to play electric guitar and loves Heavy Metal (nobody's perfect), therefore what could be better that some lovely little orange guitars, orange being his favourite color...


galletas glaseadas
There are plenty of cookie making and glazing tutorials in the net, like the ones at this site (by the way, very kind and helpful people down there). You can choose your favourite tutorial, also on YouTube. As you can see, I have a somewhat unsteady hand, but I can tell you that it took only 15 seconds for the 18 guests at the birthday party to eat 60 cookies. And I got raving reviews...

For those of you who have never glazed cookies before, I must warn you that it's a time consuming task, even if you use the most suitable equipment (which I had, because I had furnished myself with all the necessary gadgets). I believe I spent one evening from 6 to 10 for the glazing alone. I guess practice will make perfect... I hope, and shorter too. But on the other hand, I had a grand time. I really felt like a child playing with PlayDoh, a real regression to childhood. And besides... to get to amaze all family, friends and relatives... that's priceless.

galletas glaseadas

I'm sending these cookies to the Virtual Holiday Cookie Crawl hosted by the Gourmet Girl Magazine, be sure to check it out!

28 comentarios:

MC December 8, 2009 at 11:05 PM  

Miriam, you have outdone yourself. It is simply magical! What lovely lovely cookies. I bet your son and his friends were speechless (for a minute!).

Robin, David, Simon and Leo December 9, 2009 at 12:41 AM  

Beautiful cookies. You obviously have a steady hand and loads of patience, but then what Mom doesn't? A wonderful gift for your son the head-banger!

Mardi Michels December 9, 2009 at 12:49 AM  

Miriam - these are truly beautiful! Your son is very lucky!

Brie: Le Grand Fromage December 9, 2009 at 2:07 AM  

these look wonderful - and yummy!

Daydreamer Desserts December 9, 2009 at 4:13 AM  

Miriam, que lindas te quedaron las galletas.

louis luzzo December 9, 2009 at 5:10 AM  

Our CEO was a professional musician on the road for over 12 years. These are perfect. Please consider submitting them into our magazine's Virtual Cookie Crawl.

www (dot) kitchenrap (dot) blogspot (dot) com.

If they taste half as good as they look we're in trouble.

Cheah December 9, 2009 at 10:47 AM  

Wow, they look awesome, great effort.

Simones Kitchen December 9, 2009 at 12:09 PM  

Wow.... as someone who has attempted glazing cookies before I know how timeconsuming it is!! And well, I find it difficult too, but you really did a fantastic job on these! Love the guitar shapes! (and my boyfriend loves heavy metal too unfortunately..:))

janet December 9, 2009 at 2:10 PM  

Those are the most amazing cookies I have ever seen!!
If I had the patience I would make violin cookies for my daughter.
Bravo, Miriam !!!!!

Diana Bauman December 9, 2009 at 5:55 PM  

What beautiful cookies Miriam, but I especially like the picture of your eldest! Beautiful pose :D

Miriam December 9, 2009 at 6:39 PM  

MC: thanksssss!!!!!
VM: head-banger, I like that term... XD
Mardi: I hope he's aware of that, I'll pass your comment... ;-)
Brie: thanks!
Daydreamer: gracias!
TGG: thanks for the invite, I already sent them...
Cheah: you bet!
Simone: XD... well, it could be worse, they could like hip-hop...
Janet: thankss!!!!
Diana: he's a natural... poser... XD

louis luzzo December 9, 2009 at 7:09 PM  

Miriam, what a lovely contribution to our Virtual Holiday Cookie Crawl. Be sure to let your friends and fan know when they can vote!

Miriam December 9, 2009 at 8:06 PM  

Hola Miriam, your guitar cookies are so cute! Congratulations for the success in the first time hand glazing them. Miriam from Brazil

kathyvegas December 9, 2009 at 10:21 PM  

How lovely!They really did come out well..nice job!

Amber @ Native Food and Wine December 10, 2009 at 12:40 AM  

Adorable! Great job. Great photos. You might have to make cookies for every occasion now!

Jessie December 10, 2009 at 2:01 AM  

great cookies! you did a wonderful job decorating them

Valerie Harrison (bellini) December 10, 2009 at 2:10 AM  

No need to be afraid at all Miriam, you did a beautiful job with these special cookies.

Angie's Recipes December 10, 2009 at 7:22 AM  

Looks very pretty...

Arabic Bites December 10, 2009 at 12:27 PM  

Wow Miriam these are the most beautiful cookies I ever see :)

Shirley December 10, 2009 at 1:28 PM  

Simply amazing. Congrats top 9!

Tasty Trix December 10, 2009 at 3:20 PM  

Wow. Congrats on Top 9 - I'm only seeing these cookies for the first time, and just ... wow!!!!

Bergamot December 10, 2009 at 5:44 PM  

Wow, these really stumped me. Beautiful!!

Alina December 10, 2009 at 10:39 PM  

Miriam, that's mega-cool! I love these cookies, LOVE them! :)

Anonymous December 11, 2009 at 2:32 AM  

Wow, these guitar cookies are amazing!!! Incredible decorating work, just perfect!

Anonymous December 11, 2009 at 11:06 AM  

These are great, well done.
Banquet Manager

Janice December 11, 2009 at 7:41 PM  

Outstanding! My DS2 is 21 in February and is also a guitarist, I may have to borrow your idea for his birthday, thanks for the inspiration, those cookies are brilliant!

Karen@Mignardise December 12, 2009 at 3:30 PM  

Those guitar cookies ROCK!
My 16 year old son loves heavy metal too (sigh). And cookies.
Great job!

Miriam December 13, 2009 at 2:35 PM  

GourmetGirl: I will thanks!
Miriam: thank you, muito obrigada!
Kathy: thanks!
Amber: I'm afraid yes...
Jessie: thank you!
Val: thank you! You've got to try once, that's all ;-)
Angie: thanks!
Arabic Bites: thanks!
Shirley: thank you!
Trix: thankssss!!
Bergamot: thank you!
Alina: thanksssss!!!!!!!
5 Star Foodie: thank you!
BM: thanks!
Janice: thank you! Just e-mail me if you make them
Karen: yes, sigh... ;-)

Followers

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP