Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

A photographic journey

>> Monday, September 19, 2011

Pres 1080fotos

You might have noticed that I have been somewhat absent ever since I came back from my summer holidays. Well, the reason is no other than the launching of a beautiful and thrilling project. Along with Spanish bloggers Sandra from La Receta de la Felicidad and Pam from Uno de dos a new web has been launched... and what is it about? It is named 1080 fotos de cocina, meaning 1080 cooking photos. If there is a classic cookbook in Spain, that is the ubiquitous 1080 Recipes by Simone Ortega, considered by many as the Bible of Spanish cookbooks. As the classic version of the book is completely devoid of images, in this very visual era many "young" and not that young people miss a little bit of graphical guidance on the recipes. Here is where we thought we could be of some help...


That's why we summoned a well seasoned team of fellow bloggers and photographers and we have set out on a joint journey for photographing each of the 1080 recipes, one a day. A real adventure, don't you think? I invite you to check our web for some succulent photography by the following fellow bloggers (as well as the three editors, including myself):

Jimena, Agoisfoto
Montse, Salseando en la cocina
Macu, Tengo un horno y sé cómo usarlo
Ingrid, My lovely food
Mayte, Rustica
Alba,  Le fabuleux destin du chocolat
Cris, Crazy Tea Party
Ángeles, Cook me tender
Alicia, A mí lo que me gusta es cocinar
Linda, La letra con salsa entra
Ivana, My little things
Sonia, L’Exquisit
Zaida, Can Colette
Silvia, Food and cook
María Luisa, Zerogluten
Lydia, Just a little bite
Ana, Lovefoodblog

I started out with this photo of floating islands on custard...

Natillas con roca flotante

Unfortunately we have not been granted permission to publish the recipes themselves, so only a personal comment is included with each recipe photo. However that is not a problem for our Spanish readers, as everyone has the book or knows someone who does...

What are you waiting for? Please visit us at 1080 fotos de cocina and make yourself at home. At least you'll leave with an urge to cook some Spanish food...

13 comentarios:

Valerie Harrison (bellini) September 19, 2011 at 3:42 PM  

An ambitious project Miriam! Sounds exciting.

Claudie September 19, 2011 at 7:03 PM  

I agree with bellini -- ambitious and exciting! Will check it out and will start looking for that book. That photo looks so good!

Aniko September 19, 2011 at 8:37 PM  

Wow ! Fantastic project! I'm falling in love with foodphotography so... be sure i'll check yr photos!!!

Simones Kitchen September 19, 2011 at 10:05 PM  

O what a shame that they didn't give you permission to post the recipes too! Hey I think they should even republish the book with all your photos in it. How cool would that be? I would buy it, even it is was in Spanish! :)

Janice September 19, 2011 at 11:07 PM  

How exciting. Just going to bed, but will be back to have a look tomorrow.

Frank September 20, 2011 at 2:54 PM  

What a fabulous project! As I've mentioned before, I have 1080 Recetas and it would be great to see the recipes illustrated like this. (My edition only as a few photographs.) And I can't think of a better person to bring these dishes to life—you are an exquisite food photographer!

As they say in Italian, in bocca al lupo! (Good luck!)

SweetSavoryPlanet September 20, 2011 at 10:23 PM  

Very interesting project and I am delighted. I just picked up the 1080 cookbook and haven't even cracked it open yet. Now I have a good reason to and I will enjoy following along.

Francesca September 21, 2011 at 2:51 PM  

Hola Miriam!

I have found your blog through Emiko, a friend of mine, and think it is lovely! And good luck with your project, sounds interesting. I also have a project - perhaps you could be interested in it living in Spain...

Francesca

Miriam September 21, 2011 at 5:49 PM  

Thanks everyone! I'm glad to hear some of you even have the book. I knew about you, Frank, and thanks!
Hi Francesca, welcome to my blog, I love Emiko's blog as well, I would love to learn about your project, but the link for you name leads nowhere... I hope you read this.

lisaiscooking September 22, 2011 at 6:35 PM  

I love this idea. What a great project! Your floating islands photo is lovely. I don't have this book, but now I want to get it!

Tasty Trix September 27, 2011 at 11:18 PM  

This is so ambitious! Color me impressed - it's true what Frank says, your photos are incredible and I can't think of a better person to bring recipes like this to life. Now I NEED to learn Spanish. : p

tasteofbeirut September 29, 2011 at 6:06 AM  

I think most people remember a dish by its looks first, then taste/ the recipe is secondary. So your project is very important and worthwhile. Would love to see the finished book! Bon courage

Platanos, Mangoes and Me! October 27, 2011 at 1:07 PM  

How I wish I could participate. What a great project. I will be following all of you.

Followers

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP