Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Mascarpone and apricot curd ice pops

>> Sunday, August 30, 2009


The equation is as follows: unbearable heat + boiling neurons + not feeling very much like cooking = cold and very simple dishes. If you have some leftover mascarpone and a jar of apricot curd that's almost coming alive... chip, chip, the brain slowly starts to work... chip, chip... why not mix both things and freeze them inside some IKEA ice pop molds I've never used? I'm exhausted of so much thinking. If you add the effort of searching for the molds-you-remember-are-somewhere-deep-in-the-kitchen-cupboard-but-seen-long-ago-for-the-last-time... well, I'm short-circuited. The amounts given yield only four small pops (remember I was using up leftovers, that's all there was).


Mascarpone and apricot curd ice pops

  • 100 g mascarpone
  • 100 g apricot curd (any curd would do)
  • Peel of half lemon

Mix everything and beat well. Pour the mixture into the molds and put them in the freezer. These pops won't win a Food prize, but I can assure you they're delicious, very creamy thanks to the cheese and the butter in the curd. And also they're crisis ice pops, taking advantage of half the leftovers in my fridge... therefore it won't be on my conscience. Because of the saving and as long as I ignore the fat migrating to my yogurt buns...


3 comentarios:

sarah September 2, 2009 at 7:27 PM  

I know what you mean about the heat, it saps the life out of you, In fact I always get the summer time blues whenever the temperature begins to climb. Those popsicles look perfect for the hot and lazy days of summer.

Miriam September 3, 2009 at 10:29 AM  

Summer time blues, I like that... yes, I'm a Fall girl, no doubt :-)

Cristina October 13, 2010 at 6:14 PM  

Miriam - this sounds wonderful. It's like a creamsicle. We're still experiencing summer weather so this sounds welcoming!

Followers

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP