Related Posts Widget for Blogs by LinkWithin

Cheese mousse and crepe tart with strawberry sauce, part II

>> Saturday, May 23, 2009


And here goes the strawberry sauce, nothing complicated. Did it deserve a dedicated post? I don't know, but the saucer is soooo cute...

Strawberry sauce

700 g strawberries
Juice of one lemon
1 tablespoon pectine
Sugar or any other sweetener like fructose, to your taste

Put the previously washed strawberries in an enameled pot on low heat and add the lemon juice and sugar. Leave the strawberries to soften and release the juices slowly, stirring from time to time. I added the pectine, which is a thickener or gelifiant because that let's you shorten the cooking time. You add it almost at the end, I cooked the sauce for almost 20 minutes. Anyway, I don't really recommend this method because, at least here in Spain, pectine is quite expensive and I'm sure the gas or electricity you use to thicken the sauce is cheaper. According to some purists, pectine lets you achieve a creamier texture without having to cook it all the way, which is supposed to keep a fresher texture, color and flavour, more similar to the fruit the sauce comes from. I think I overcooked it anyway. Once reached the desired consistency, I mixed the sauce and put it in the potato masher to get rid of the seeds. The sauce turned out to be delicious, though inmodest it may seem (¡!). The perfect complement for the cheesy softness of the tart.

0 comentarios:

Followers

About This Blog

Lorem Ipsum

  © Blogger templates Palm by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP